The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted our world in unexpected ways and brought new challenges to the ME/CFS and FM (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Fibromyalgia) community of patients and their advocates, researchers, medical providers, and health educators.
The Bateman Horne Center (BHC) is among the many health care specialists experiencing these impacts first-hand. With limited or no contact allowed, research projects have slowed or are on hold, new patient intakes are being delayed, and basic clinic operations are reduced. BHC has adapted by fully transitioning to virtual patient management hoping insurance payers will fully reimburse for telehealth services. These conditions constrain our ability to remain financially viable.
For these reasons, BHC is joining other organizations to take part in a special Giving Tuesday campaign on May 5th; specifically, designed to support organizations impacted by COVID-19.
With your generous support, BHC’s unwavering commitment to clinical care, research, and medical education will be able to continue. It will sustain our infrastructure, talented staff, and deliver the following during and after this pandemic:
- Assist patients with limited financial means to access medical care at BHC.
- Allow time for medical provider development and education to expand primary and specialty care capacity.
- Data mining of medical records to guide clinical drug trial partnerships.
- Expansion and improvement of BHC’s website to disseminate valuable education and resources to the health provider and patient communities.
- Maintain virtual support groups and BHC-led forums.
Now more than ever, we must come together. BHC understand these are challenging economic times. If you are able to support us in our mission, please donate to Bateman Horne Center. Donate Today!
Watch a Message from Dr. Bateman