BHC’s Crash Survival Guide provides the patient, their support network, and medical providers with practical advice on ways to manage a ME/CFS crash, and the art of preventing them.
The ME/CFS Crash Survival Guide is designed for the patient, their support network, and care team to:
- Understand ME/CFS and its defining characteristic of post-exertional malaise (PEM).
- Help the individual prepare in advance for a crash/PEM episode, ensuring their critical needs are met.
- Offer adaptive guidance in carrying out everyday living activities that support energy conservation with ME/CFS.
Guidebook Resource Center
The considerations offered in this guidebook do not replace the medical interventions prescribed by the user’s care team and should be evaluated by prior to implementation.
ME/CFS Crash Survival Guide
The guidebook can be viewed online, downloaded, or printed – in color or black and white.
- Start by choosing your guidebook cover and color option (content is the same throughout).
- Download your book to engage the toggle options (home and back buttons), and type/print your health information, medication, and communication cards located in the appendix. These cards are also accessible individually below.
- Take your time. There is a lot of information in here. The intention is not to overwhelm the user, rather serve as an access tool over time.
Health Information Sheets
The cards can be downloaded, typed in, and printed in color or black and white.