YOU make our Mission Possible!
BHC has a year-end campaign goal of $500k to support and sustain our educational, clinical, and research mission in 2021.
We have a few generous donors who will triple the impact of your contribution.
Please help us achieve the minimum match of $125k so that our benefactors can carry us across the finish line.
YOU are a vital component in our ability to transform and advance the field of ME/CFS, fibromyalgia (FM), post-viral illnesses, and related conditions.
Help us continue to move the mark by donating today!
Make a bigger impact by upgrading your gift to a monthly.
Gifts of long-term appreciated securities offer you an advantageous way to support Bateman Horne Center and minimize capital gains taxes.
For more information on making a large gift or donating stock please contact Carl Bredthauer, Finance Director at [email protected]
Help BHC by creating your own fundraiser!
We have a fundraising toolkit with easy access wording and image templates to help guide your campaign. Click here!
PS: Have some fun with this!
*Donations cannot be applied to personal patient membership fees or account balances. For more information click here.
Your Donation Supports the Following 2021 Programs!
- Published three landmark research studies in medical literature!
- Continued ground breaking research to identify blood biomarkers for fibromyalgia.
- Collaborated and served as a primary research site with Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine, the National Institute of Health (NIH), Columbia University, the American Institutes for Research (AIR), and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Served over 450 unique patients with 1250+ clinic visits.
- Expanded virtual non-BHC patient consultations to assist out-of-state providers and patients.
- Transitioned and adapted patient care to telehealth in accordance with patient safety and COVID-19 health guidelines.
- Delivered direct provider education to over 400 healthcare professionals on concepts involving the diagnositc workup and management of individuals with ME/CFS, FM, post-viral syndromes, chronic pain & fatigue, and orthostatic intolerance syndromes.
- Reached medical providers across 15 states and 3 countries.
- Created and hosted COVID-related programming for medical providers, patients, and Long Haulers.
Outreach & Support
- Co-hosted and facilitated the 3rd annual U.S. ME/CFS Clinicians Coalition Summit (virtual) in May with 40+ healthcare providers.
- Facilitated and presented at the inaugural International Neuro ME/CFS Roundtable (virtual) in October with 20+ researchers and healthcare providers.
- Hosted monthly Lunch & Learn sessions (virtual) with international participation increasing average attendance 400%.
- Facilitated 36 ME/CFS and FM virtual support groups and provider chats with 1400+ total participants.
Major Accomplishments in 2020!
Your Donations Will Help Us Grow in 2021 and Beyond!
- BHC will partner with Precisely to deliver automated health services to long COVID patients. Precisely is an intelligent health service from the creator of 23andMe.
- Sponsor and conduct ME/CFS and FM clinical trials.
- Continue to research tools which objectify the National Academy of Medicine’s diagnostic criteria.
- Recruit at least one additional healthcare provider with complementary specialty training, and the required support staff.
- Migrate patient data to an enhanced and more comprehensive Electronic Health Record system.
- Sustain monthly patient Q&A sessions with medical providers.
- Improve efficiencies and capacity with patient visits in telehealth.
- Expand reach of provider education to medical associations and schools.
- Curate healthcare provider education on post-viral syndromes and differential diagnosis.
- Develop education for patients and the medical community on pacing and post-exertional malaise.
- Cultivate more targeted resources on pain and FM management.
- Develop education specific to ME/CFS and FM comorbidities.
Outreach & Support
- Support the programing and staff required to manage monthly support groups.
- Expand support resources for patients through the spectrum of age.
- Cultivate support resources for carepartners and family/friends.
For being you, and for being a part of our mission!