Take Part in the #SockIttoMECFSandFM Challenge!
You can help spread ME/CFS and FM awareness and raise vital funds for ME/CFS and FM progress through the Sock It to ME/CFS and FM Challenge.
The Bateman Horne Center, a world-class center of excellence for ME/CFS and FM, is dedicated to the identification and diagnosis of patients, to bringing well-qualified patients into cutting-edge research, and to the swift advance of progress. Your donation funds the programs we put on and the outreach we lead in order to make this a reality.
The Sock It to ME/CFS and FM Challenge is simple and fun!
- Wear the wildest and wackiest pair of socks you can find - to work, the grocery store, a meeting, the gym, church. Roll that pant leg up - don't be shy!
- Shoot a brief video or take a picture of yourself out and about in your wild socks
- Challenge no less than 5 of your friends to do the same AND to make a donation to the Bateman Horne Center to advance understanding and treatment of ME/CFS!
- $5 if they take the challenge; $50 if they don't
- Tell them why it is important to you and share a bit about ME/CFS
- Share your video/picture on social media with the hashtag #SockItToMECFS #SockItToFM and/or #SockItToMECFSandFM as well as #BatemanHorneCenter
- Be sure to include the donate link in your posts: BatemanHorneCenter.org/sock-challenge-donation/
"Since I began this challenge in January, I haven't missed a single day! Patients deserve first-class care delivered with emathy and understanding. I won't stop wearing my wacky socks until that's a reality!" - Dr. B