Share Your Message of Hope
It’s time to start preparing for ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day! We are holding the 3rd annual Messages of Hope virtual event on May 11th, one day early this year because Dr. Bateman is speaking about ME/CFS at the Long COVID and Fatiguing Illness Recovery Program ECHO on May 12th.
The Messages of Hope event will include a line-up of speakers, the release of a new support asset, a montage video of your messages of hope, and time for everyone to hold up their message and shoes live.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU. Share your message/expression of hope, support, and inclusion to fellow community members through a simple statement, art, craft, or poem.
Submissions are due to [email protected] by Wed, May 4th, with the subject line: Message of Hope
1. If you choose to share a message of hope. Use a marker or dark pen to write a simple statement or word on plain white paper. Some messages from previous years include:
- Together We Are Stronger
- You Are Essential
- You Are Not Alone
- We Are In This Together
- Good Research Is Increasing
- Always Keep Your Hope Alive, Never Give Up, Tomorrow Is Another Day
- You Are Still the Same Person
- Respected, Admired, Loved
2. Select a pair of shoes that represents a part of you or your loved one’s life that is missing (running, dancing, work).
3. Take a photo of yourself holding your message of hope, or artwork/craft, and shoes. The photos shared in this post are examples from last year.
4. Email your photo to BHC at [email protected] by Wed, May 4th with the subject line: Message of Hope
5. Keep your sign, or artwork/craft, for the BHC’s virtual event on May 11th.
Click below to watch the Messages of Hope Video Montague from last year’s Awareness Day/Millions Missing event.