"There is a misconception that we lack the clinical findings for ME/CFS and FM. We have the tools to make diagnosis more precise; every medical provider must simply learn to use them. Once they do, the illness will appear before their eyes." - Dr. Bateman
You can play a critical role in advancing standardized diagnosis, cutting-edge research, and first-class clinical care as a standard for ME/CFS and FM patients, rather than the exception. Your involvement and support will make a significant difference!
Join us to ensure patients everywhere have an illness journey characterized by swift diagnosis and effective treatments, provided with commitment, compassion and innovation.
BHC Education Events | Empower Yourself with Information
While Dr. Bateman and other care providers at BHC are an exception, for most patients the time you have with your doctors is growing shorter. As you become more informed, the more empowered you can be, and the better advocate you are on your own healthcare journey.
The first Wednesday of every month, BHC hosts a free live-broadcast education meeting to help you! LEARN MORE
For Salt Lake City area locals, BHC hosts a Lunch and Learn every third Thursday. LEARN MORE
BHC Research Program | Propel Research Forward
Patient participation in research is essential to advancing the science and medicine of ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia. The Bateman Horne Center (BHC) is squarely targeted on bringing ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia to the mainstream through patient centered research. We want to make first-class care the norm for all patients, rather than the exception.
Your participation in research can help us get there sooner rather tHan later. LEARN MORE
BHC Social Network | Engage in our Community
Research has shown that social isolation - living alone, having a small social network, infrequent participation in social activities, and feelings of loneliness - can have a negative impact on your health. For far too many with ME/CFS and FM, this is their reality. Conversely, social support from others has robust beneficial effects on the cardiovascular, endocrine, and immune systems.
Until we are successful in finding robust treatments and a cure that will give you your life back, engaging in a rich social network online can serve to fill the gap, bring back some social connection, and ease feelings of 'being in it alone.'
- Become a part of our positive, supportive community on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Pinterest.
- We also invite you to sign up to receive our free, monthly Empower Update email. SIGN UP TODAY
- Lift your voice and tell your story – through the BHC Patient Voice, or through your own blog and social media channels
The important work of bringing first-class care to patients, through cutting-edge research and innovative education can only be done with the support of many. Automated, recurring gifts are an excellent way to maximize your support, but there are many ways to give:
- Take advantage of the tax savings that come from giving BHC appreciated stocks or shares of mutual funds. Contact us at Support@BatemanHorneCenter.org to learn more.
- Incorporate giving to BHC in your financial and estate planning
- Participate in giving campaigns through your workplace
- Recognize someone in life or pay tribute to their memory
- Shop to Support – support the work of BHC while you do your regular shopping. With hundreds of vendors to choose from, we make this an easy and accessible way for anyone to support our work.
- #SockItToMECFSandFM – along with Dr. Bateman, vow to wear wild and wacky socks until biomarkers are found and challenge your friends! Build awareness and fund progress while having some fun! LEARN MORE
However you choose to engage with and support BHC,
we thank you and we welcome you to the family!
"Before coming to the Bateman Horne center, I maybe left my house once a week if not once every other week. I did not have a good quality of life, I was sleeping 20+ hours per day. Since working with Dr. Bateman I am now working part time and going to school (working on my MS) full time! It is definitely
"I love the symbolism of the Bateman Horne Center name. It reminds me of the importance