The considerations offered in this guidebook do not replace the medical interventions prescribed by the user’s care team and should be evaluated by prior to implementation.
The ME/CFS Crash Survival Guidebook
This guidebook is designed for the patient, their support network, and care team with the intention of:
- Increasing the understanding of ME/CFS and its defining characteristic, post-exertional malaise (PEM).
- Help the individual prepare in advance for a crash/PEM episode, ensuring their critical needs are met.
- Offer adaptive guidance in carrying out everyday living activities to support energy conservation with ME/CFS.
Note: There is a substantial amount of information in this guidebook. It is not intended to overwhelm or tax the user and/or their support system, rather serve as a utilization tool that can be accessed and paced over time.
How to Use
This guidebook can be downloaded or printed. Individual pages can be printed as needed.
Print options include:
- Corresponding color-coded chapters
- Black and white version
- Sizes include: 8.5×11 or a 5.5×8 foldable booklet
- The user can also choose the book cover of their preference
Typeable, downloadable, and printable cards can be utilized in color or in black and white.
- Communication cards
- Medication Cards
- Allergies & Sensitivities
- Medical Providers & Emergency Contact