Empowering Patients | Advancing Research | Improving Care
The Bateman Horne Center, a center of excellence, is leading the way in the medical advancement and treatment of Fibromyalgia and Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/ CFS) through integrated medical research and clinical care. We are committed to the recommendations made by the Institute of Medicine (National Academy of Sciences) to develop evidence-based treatments for millions of sufferers.
Every contribution makes a difference. Gifts large and small come together to make the work of the Bateman Horne Center a reality.
See how your gift can make a lasting impact…
Empowering Patients with Information
Through education programs and information available in person, on video and online, we will help patients across the US find their strongest voice.
- $150 can fund a monthly education meeting for patients, connecting and empowering those who might otherwise feel powerless and alone
- $500 allows BHC to produce a free monthly e-news publication for a year, delivering qualified self-care information, credible research updates and information to patients and loved ones
- $1,500 can cover the costs associated with live streaming the sessions at a patient conference, bringing help and hope to those unable to attend in person due to the debilitating nature of their disease
Advancing Research on Diagnosis and Treatment
Getting one patient into a study can cost thousands making patient recruitment the most costly bottleneck to research progress. This is where we come in. The Bateman Horne Center has hundreds of ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia patients ready to participate and advance research on diagnosis and treatment. And thanks to a generous donation, our “Research Ready” patients are participating in new cutting edge research. Your donation can help grow and further fuel our research program.
- $1,000 can cover one month of a research intern and $4,000 will support a full summer internship, ensuring that bright, young researchers are engaged in important discoveries for ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia
- $10,000 offsets the costs of purchasing laboratory equipment and supplies like pipettes, tubes, freezer racks, gloves and gowns to further ensure we deliver high quality samples to drive progress
- $25,000 can provide seed funding for research aimed at advancing diagnosis and treatment of ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia
Improving Clinical Care for ALL ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia Patients
The Bateman Horne Center is the only clinic in Salt Lake City providing specialized clinical care for ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia patients. We can only see 10-20% of people who call for an appointment, many of whom travel great distances to be seen. Even those we schedule can wait weeks to months for their first appointment. With your help we can increase our capacity to see more patients and provide improved clinical care for ALL ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia patients.
- $750 will host a medical student intern for a month while $3,000 will cover the full summer program ensuring that the next generation of ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia caregivers are well informed, understanding, and empathetic
- $15,000 could offset the cost of purchasing much-needed exam equipment for cardiopulmonary exercise testing to further the delivery of expert care to patients of the clinic
- $50,000 will subsidize on-site training of a physician assistant or advanced practice nurse while $100,000 supports the training period of an internal medicine doctor for a year; more staff means we can see more new patients and deliver compassionate, personal, expert care
Because of the tremendous investment and trust of two anonymous donors, the Bateman Horne Center is a reality. They invested in the dream and gave us the capital to build the infrastructure needed to be a world-class center of excellence. Now, in order to continue the work we were created for, we need ‘fuel in the tank.’ And that is where you come in.